The City of Port Coquitlam has been celebrating May Day since 1923. We will be celebrating our 100th year. The week-long event includes the Rotary parade, a short film festival, opening ceremony, outdoor concerts, and fun-filled activities.
The May Day Planning Committee is comprised of community volunteers in collaboration of the city park and recreation department responsible for the overall coordination of Port Coquitlam’s traditional celebration and week-long festival.
May Days Committee 2023
- Robertson (Bob) Lee – Chair
- Walter Van Drimmelen – Kinsmen
- Jas Qualitz – EDI Roundtable
- Royce Shook – President, Wilson Seniors’ Advisory Association
- Melissa Burgher – PoCo Arts Council
- Catherine Polonio – Coquitlam Florist
- Lisa Nadalin – PoCo Sweet Shop
- Darci Menard – Invision Hair Design
- Sue Cejalvo-Howse – Royal Party Choreographer from Vibe Dance
- Gaye Simms and Carrie Belanger – Rotary parade
- Margaret Owens – PoCo Heritage