Welcome to the Port Coquitlam May Day Festival
The City of Port Coquitlam has been celebrating May Day since 1923. Our community’s modern-day celebration offers more than a week of fun-filled activities and events including May Pole dancing, the Rotary May Day Parade and the Party in the Square with food trucks, live entertainment, outdoor activities and BizAlley.
May Days is virtual!
The May Day Planning Committee is now planning a variety of safe and fun activities for this year’s safe May Days celebrations starting the first week of May, including:
- Beautifying the City by giving away hanging basket kits,
- A May Days video to be launched on the City’s social media channels featuring the May Days Royal Party and local talent,
- Creative workshops held with health protocols in place, an online art exhibit, art demonstrations in local parks, themed décor in business windows and more,
- Launch of the Donald Storywalk, featuring stories and artwork along the Donald Pathway, and
- Residents will be encouraged to decorate their windows, plan a picnic with their household and support a local business by ordering in May Days specials and celebrating Port Coquitlam 98th annual Spring festival.
For a full list of 2021 May Day events, visit the Events page.